Sunday, January 30, 2011

영화로 영어 배우는 것 #3: "You had me at 'Hello'" from Jerry Maguire

Is this the most romantic scene of our generation?
 Jerry Maguire (1996) starts Tom Cruise and Renee Zellweger.  It is a movie about an agent (Jerry Maguire) who is an American football agent.  His love interest is Renee Zellweger (a single mother).     Certainly, it is where two of the most memorable phrases in American movies originated.

First, "You complete me."
Second, "You had me at 'Hello.'"


Both of these phrases are known to many native English speakers.  "You complete me" is Jerry Maguire's phrase as he professes his love for Dorothy (Zellweger).  "You had me at 'hello'" is Dorothy's response, which means that "I didn't need to be convinced.  You just being here is enough." 

Please "Like" this post and/or follow me on Twitter.  All comments/suggestions welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment