Thursday, January 27, 2011

영화로 영어 배우는것: The Godfather Part 1. "I'm gonna make him an offer..."

The Godfather Part I
The Godfather Part I is one of the most famous movies of all time.  Starring Marlon Brando as Vito Corleone, The Godfather Part I ushered in the beginning of glamorizing the life of mobs, and their methods.  Perhaps most amazingly, The Godfather Part II is widely believed to be a better movie than the original.  That is very rarely, if ever, the case.


Learning English Through Entertainment #2: "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
One of the most famous lines from the movie is here, where Vito Corleone assures his friend, a struggling singer, that he will help the singer's career.


'"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" means that "I am going to threaten him and make him accept my terms."  If someone tells you that he was given an offer he cannot refuse, then that may mean that he has been threatened.

Please "Like" this post and/or follow me on Twitter.  Thanks for reading the Seoul Gyopo Guide!

0 comments:

Post a Comment